The Home Buying Process
In my attempt to help simplify and take any pressure off you in what may be the biggest purchase of your life, this section was created to help you better understand what the process of buying a home looks like. While not everybody’s situation will be the same, this will generally be what you can expect along the way. If you would like me to help you find your next home I will provide you with a more detailed version of this process when we have the chance to meet, which will further breakdown each step so there will be no surprises along the way. Enjoy!
- Mortgage Pre-Approval: Understanding how you will be funding the purchase of your home in advance, how much you can afford and what you’re comfortable spending will give you piece of mind and strengthen your negotiation position going into an offer. I have great relationships with mortgage brokers that will be able to assist you in discovering your options. Please feel free to contact me and I’ll forward you their contact information.
- Begin Reviewing Homes: I have access to some of the most cutting edge technologies available to refine your search and narrow down our options before we get out to look at the homes. This is designed to save you time and ensure that you view the very best matches suited to your criteria.
- Book Appointments For Viewing: This is the fun part of the home hunting process! We get to head out in the communities of your choice and look at the top properties that we have selected together to find the one to become your home.
- Write An Offer: Once we find a home we like we can sit down and write an offer. We’ll negotiate the offer with the seller’s REALTOR® until we’ve reached an agreement and it’s accepted.
- Satisfy Conditions: Once the offer is accepted we’ll have 7-10 days to satisfy the conditions that we have written into the offer. The most typical conditions are obtaining your final financing approval and having a home inspection done to your satisfaction. I can recommend some great home inspectors once we get to this step in the process. If everything checks out you can remove the conditions and make the offer a firm sale.
- Preparation For Move In Day: You’ll need to choose a lawyer that will look after your transaction. Again, I have great relationships with real estate lawyers that will be able to help you. As the big day gets closer you’ll also want to secure your moving van, call utility companies etc to let them all know what day you’ll be moving into your new home.
- Move In: You typically get your home around noon on your possession day. I’ll meet you to give you the keys to your new home and then leave you to enjoy. Crack the champagne and invite your friends over for the moving party!
My Commitment to you
When you enlist my help, you are not just gaining support to buy a home – you are gaining an ally. My commitment to you will be to guide you through every step of the process, explain the current market, help navigate complex paperwork, negotiate the best price and offer invaluable advice. Knowing that the industry continues to rapidly evolve, it will be my duty as your REALTOR® to stay relevant and educated with the most up-to-date information and services to serve you. I look forward to building a trusting relationship with mutual respect that will last a lifetime.
It is also important that you understand how I am compensated for the services I provide to you when buying a home. These funds typically come from the seller’s proceeds of the sale, so you aren’t personally responsible for paying realtor fees when you buy a home with me!
I would love to be the number one choice for all your friends, family and your own personal real estate needs for years to come.
Get new listings straight to your inbox the instant they are listed. It’s FREE!
Don’t miss out on the best new listings. I can take your detailed search criteria and target the new listings that best match what you’re looking for and have them emailed directly to your inbox the instant they come on the market. No need to spend hours searching on the internet and risk missing out on the perfect place because you didn’t see it earlier. I’ll set it up for you. It’s easy and it’s FREE!CONTACT ME